Friday, September 10, 2010

DIY Seasonal Allergy Treatments

Happy Friday, everyone! My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up today on Design Sponge. This week's topic discusses Do-It-Yourself, all-natural treatments for dealing with the least welcome part of autumn's otherwise much welcome shifts, seasonal allergies.

Today I'll be busy writing what will be the first of a regular column I'll be penning for a new quarterly-published women's magazine. The publication debuts in December, and I'll share more details as they become available. After working on that, Hubs and I will, hopefully, get the crib assembled (you never know with IKEA instructions...).

Tomorrow, a former co-worker is throwing us what will be the first of three showers for Nugget over the next three weekends. There's tomorrow's festivities, followed by one next weekend, courtesy of my sweet mother, and then the one we're throwing ourselves on the 25th, more of a "Nugget warming" (as I've dubbed it) and less "baby"-ish (in other words, there won't be any baby games chez English, but plenty of DIY smores-building, local, seasonal food gorging, and hard cider swilling). After the shower, I hope to stop by my friend's Cindy and Laura's farm, as they're having a "Farm Day" showcasing all they've grown and the projects they've got going on (including 7 bee hives and a gorgeous flock of chickens!). They'll also have two other area food producers, SunBurst Trout and Imladris Farm, sharing their trout delicacies and delicious jams and butters. An out-of-town guest will be with us overnight that night, which I always enjoy. Sunday will see me back at work on my magazine column.

Should be a great weekend, all around.

*Image from here.


2 comments:

sherala said...

sounds like a fantastic weekend. I'm a little envious! Enjoy :)

sk said...

Congrats on the new column! That is really exciting.
Have a lovely fun-filled weekend (it sounds like you've got that covered!)