Friday, January 21, 2011

Warmth From Within

My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up over on Design Sponge. Today's topic discusses two means of warming up from within-mustard baths and ginger & honey tea. I'm feeling a tickle in my throat this morning myself, so I'm about to fire up the kettle for a big 'ole pot of healing tea. Hopefully it's just some overnight sinus stuff (our house gets cold, drafty, and dry, even with the humidifier running) and will mosey along asap.

Two other friends of mine recently became moms themselves, one of which has invited us over for brunch tomorrow (I'm hoping to see the other soon-her little boy is named "Dutch", how cute it that???). I've also joined a local momma-baby group, which has been an absolute godsend for this stay-at-home-writer/mom.

I've been feeling more and more comfortable trekking out with Huxley (who is now a whopping 11 pounds, 3 ounces as of Wednesday; he turns 3 months today, so, he's still just a little guy, but he's catching up!). He seems to really like it, as well. Yesterday we snuggled him into the Ergo and walked the length of our one-mile dirt road. Half-way there he was fast asleep!

If the weather permits, my mom (Huxley's "Gigi") will resume her Sunday visits. The snow and cold weather have prevented her from visiting since Christmas Eve. A massage therapist buddy of mine might pay us a home visit then to work on my crinkled, crumpled body, which twists into a multitude of positions overnight whilst nursing Huxley (we co-sleep, which makes sleeping SO much easier).

Be well, friends!

No comments: