Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Hair Care

Hi folks! My "Small Measures with Ashley" post is up over at Design Sponge. This week I talk about homemade remedies for winter hair.

So, it's snowing again here, as I know it is in a good number of other places in the U.S. and abroad. We've only got about 1 1/2-inches right now, but much more is slated to come over the next few days. Fortunately, we've got plenty of firewood, food, and fellowship to keep us going strong!

AND...our little Hux had a weigh-in yesterday and is now a hefty 10 pounds, 1 ounce. Although that's still pretty tiny for an 11 week-old baby, he's gaining at a steady clip (around 1 1/2 ounces daily) and is looking more and more robust by the day ("Chubbers" is a new nickname...).

Wherever you are (and, by the way, thanks for letting me know where you are a few posts back; I loved learning about my global Small Measure community!), stay warm!!! We'll keep the home fires burning for you!

*Image from Lynne Harty.

2 comments:

BETHandCHRIS said...

I just started following your blog, have your first two books, & was elated to learn that you are somewhat "local" to me. I have family in Clyde and am very familiar with the area - which sent me into utter excitement when I found Backyard Chickens class - that I am now signed up to take. You mentioned cloth diapering and hand-me-downs. My son is a cloth-diapered kid and we have whole sets for birth-year that he's no longer using if you are interested. All systems vary, as I'm sure you know - we use prefolds with covers... Just thought I would offer. I can bring them to the class on the 4th...

Ashley English said...

Beth-What a kind offer! Yes, I'd love your son's cloth diapers, absolutely!!! And I'm so glad you like the books. I've been immensely pleased with how they turned out. The next two, "Home Dairy" and "Keeping Bees" will be available in print March 1st!
Look forward to seeing you on the 4th!!! In the meantime, stay warm!