Friday, December 23, 2011

What I'm Digging

It's finally here, friends! Solstice was yesterday (we took a walk in our forest to celebrate) and Christmas is in two days! Baking has been full-throttle, packages have been wrapped and shipped, and plans for a holiday feast are in full swing.

Here's a smattering of things that grabbed my attention, piqued my interest, and tantalized my taste buds this week:

*Gorgeous and inspiring Brooklyn-based project profiling artisan goods and their makers.
*Kurt breaks down his "Golden Rules of Sustainability."
*Healing a cavity naturally, without the dentist? Sign me up!
*Thinking of making a runner for the dining room table using this method.
*Snowflakes!!!
*Lynne made this bread the other night for our dinner. SO good, and easy to make!
*Richard Louv is amazing.
*Young farmers unite!
*We can all "dig" Roger's subversive "plot."
*Three words=maple walnut trifle.
*Thinking of growing my flock's food.

Wherever this weekend takes you, whatever you do, whomever you spend it with, may it be grand. Here's wishing a wonderful holiday filled with love, light, and laughter to you and yours from me and mine!

4 comments:

Miss Minty said...

Merry merry, Ashley!

Apseed said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!

bretonbird said...

Hey, my hub gave me your canning book for Christmas. Can't wait to try some new recipes. I have had some great success in my second year of canning by winning some blue ribbons at the county fair. Friends and relatives loved the butter, jams, and jellies!

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas English family! But please don't buy that natural cavity crap- enamel does not remodel like bone. Once it's gone, it's gone. Just wanted to point out the major flaw in that dude's anecdotal story.