Friday, May 11, 2012

What I'm Digging

 Happy Friday, friends! The rain from earlier this week has moved on and things are bright and sunny outside. Oh, and cool, too! It's cool outside for the first time in weeks. I even had to put on a coat to head out to the chicken coop this morning, and sleep under the down comforter last night!

Here's a smattering of things that inspired and intrigued me this week:
*Tips for successful planting.
*Juggling motherhood and business
*Ramps!
*Growing potatoes in straw.
*Nature and kiddos
*Oh, Weck shop, you temptress, you.
*So beautiful.
*NPR and Beach House, a perfect union (via Kate). 
*Chive blossom vinegar.
*My most favorite cookie.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there! I'm thinking of making Martha's Chiffon Cake with Strawberries & Cream for my mom and grandmother this week. I found a farm selling organic U-Pick strawberries less than 1/2 mile down the road from our house this week. I am over the MOON with excitement about this discovery!

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, whomever you do it with, may it be grand!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also covet Weck jars and containers. They are beautiful in their simplicity.

Apseed said...

Happy Mother's Day!

mommy fletcher said...

could you share your info about the strawberry farm...i am also looking for such a place and you are not far from me.

ashley english said...

mommy fletcher-it's called "hominy valley organic farm" and is on upper glady fork rd. here in candler.

El Gaucho said...

Very cool that you have a u-pick place so close by. There's nothing like making it so easy to make an extra batch of jam or other treat.

ashley english said...

oops! i meant lower glady fork rd. sorry about that!!!

forex robot said...

thats great, your inspiration are very good.

Sacha Joy said...

I really look forward to these digging posts. Just a recommendation to you, since reading about your love of wild things, good food, and minimizing waste, check out "These Days in French Life"'s photostream Flicker. She uses it as sort of a blog. I happened upon it, as I read Novella Carpenter's (her sister) blog. I love my life, but I think I just fell in love with hers! And it reminded me of your words here.